Nurse & Midwife Photo Competition Terms & Conditions
Entries may be submitted until 11.59PM on 31st March 2023.
Entries received after this date will not be eligible to be part of the competition.
To enter, entrants must, during the Submission Period, submit their photos through the submission form.
Entrants will be required to provide their full name, postcode, email address, registration number/student enrolment details and phone number.
Entry will be restricted to enrolled and registered nurses and midwives who are currently registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) and residing in Australia or students that are currently studying in an NMBA approved program of study.
Entries must be of two photos – one of when they are around 6 years of age and a current photo of themselves.
Winning entries will be published on the “Nurse & Midwife Support” website and its associated social media accounts.
A panel of three judges will decide the one winner:
- Mark Aitken – Stakeholder Engagement Manager, Nurse & Midwife Support
- Lauren Deeth – Communications Officer, Nurse & Midwife Support
- Elle Brown – Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator, Nurse & Midwife Support
They will judge each photo on two criteria:
- Creativity/ uniqueness
The two criteria will be allocated a score out of ten by each judge and then from the top ten photos the winners will be awarded.
One winner will receive a well-being hamper which includes:
- A sandlewood and ginger candle
- White marble coasters
- Rock salt and grater set
- English breakfast tea
- Mandarin, cedarwood and rosemary hand wash
- Tea towel
Eastern Health will notify entrants before their photos are published.
Further Terms and Conditions
- Each entry must be submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- By submitting an entry, an entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and Eastern Health may, in its absolute discretion, refuse to award a Prize to any entrant who fails to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
- By submitting an entry, an entrant consents to the use of their photographs on the “Nurse & Midwife Support” website and its associated social media accounts, and other Eastern Health websites or social media accounts promoting the event.
- Copyright in an entry will remain with an entrant. The entrant grants to Eastern Health a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to use copyrighted works for the purposes of the Photo Competition and related promotion.
- Entries must not infringe upon anyone else’s copyright.
- Entries that are deemed to be works that contain copyright infringements will not be published and no prize will be awarded,
- Entries that contain material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, discriminatory or hateful to another person or entity, including the Victorian Government, its employees, contractors, partners, suppliers, competitors or other stakeholders, or would otherwise damage Eastern Health’s reputation, will not be eligible for publication and no prize will be awarded.
- Employees of Turning Point and Nurse & Midwife Support will be ineligible to enter the Competition.
How to Enter
- To enter, entrants must follow the Entry Procedure and comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be ineligible for publication.
- Eastern Health reserves the right to disqualify an entry in the event of non-compliance with the Conditions of Entry or the Terms and Conditions.
- Any entry received after expiry of the Submission Period will not be eligible for publication.
- Eastern Health will not accept responsibility for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- All decisions made by Eastern Health in relation to any aspect of the Competition are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. If the Prize becomes unavailable, Eastern Health reserves the right to substitute a product of equal value or specification, subject to any applicable laws or written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Each entrant warrants to Eastern Health that his or her entry is their own, is complete and accurate and has been submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Eastern Health will not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or other errors (whether technical or otherwise) that may occur in the course of conducting the Competition.
- Eastern Health accepts no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- To the full extent permitted by law, Eastern Health will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses or loss whatsoever (whether direct or inconsequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering the Competition or accepting or using the Prize.
- Eastern Health will accept no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may be incurred by an entrant from winning the Prize.
- By entering this Competition, each entrant releases Eastern Health, its directors, officers, employees and agents from, and indemnifies each of them against, any and all liability or loss, damage or injury of any kind arising from or in connection with this Competition or the Prize.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria.