Culturally and linguistically diverse

While it is a requirement of registration that all nurses and midwives must meet the English language skills registration standards, we understand that their friends and family might not all speak English.
50% of people found this helpful
Support services in your language

Our service is linked up with interpreter services for those from non-English speaking backgrounds. You can access telephone support by calling Telephone Interpreter Service (TIS) on 131 450.

The interpreter can access information from our website and translate it for you or be on the phone with you during your conversation to help you and the counsellor communicate.

Or you can call the Helpline on 1800 667 877 and ask the counsellor to organise an interpreter through the Telephone Interpreter Service – you may need someone to assist you with explaining which language you need translating.

Was this page helpful?
50% of people found this helpful