We reckon that’s something to celebrate.
My colleagues and I feel privileged to be part of the incredible Australian nursing and midwifery community and to have heard your stories. We have laughed, cried and chatted together as we navigated the complexities and impact of the last 4 years.
You told us what you wanted to hear and read about and we listened. You have been an integral part of assisting us to develop resources including newsletters, blogs, podcasts and very soon webinars!
While we are busily planning for the future of Nurse & Midwife Support we also wanted to take some time to look back and highlight some of the wonderful stories that we have created over the last 4 years, here is a shiny birthday package of some of our greatest hits!
- Nothing human is strange to me: Jackie’s story of 60 years in nursing – one of our most read blogs ever! Jackie shares her experiences over her 60 years in Nursing. Read now.
- B & Me: A graduate midwife's story - Frances’ story is one of two winners for our International Year of the Nurse and Midwife Story Competition. Her story will resonate with so many nurses and midwives we hope you enjoy it! Read her story and listen to the podcast.
- Caring, a mutual and collective experience of Nurses - Tessa is one of the two amazing winners of this year’s Nurse & Midwife Support Story Competition. Her story really struck a cord with all of the judges we hope you enjoy it! Read her story and listen to the podcast.
- Resilience - Your Health Matters with Kim Foster: Resilience is a complex dynamic concept, consisting of many factors. To enhance our understanding I recorded a podcast with Professor Kim Foster. Kim is an internationally recognised mental health nurse academic, researcher and educator widely published in resilience, mental health and psychosocial health research. Listen to the podcast.
- Student and graduate special. Lisa Evans, Director of Nursing at St John of God Berwick Hospital talks about the challenges that students and graduates face. Lisa also gives tips for thriving in the early years of your career. Listen today.
- Dealing with stress in times of crisis with Sam Eddy. Mark discusses the prospect of COVID-19 with Mental Health First Aid expert Sam Eddy. They talk about the importance of acknowledging emotional and physical responses to stress when crisis occurs and how to implement strategies in response. Listen to the podcast.
Thank you to our community for all your support over the last 4 years, we have had so many people contribute and spread the word, nurses and midwives across Australia are calling us every day to get support!
We are so proud to deliver this service and are looking forward to delivery it for many years to come. If you need a hand we are always here to help!
Nurse & Midwife Support is available to support YOU 24/7, anonymous, confidential and free: 1800 667 877