Being ready to tackle exams from the start of semester may be a way to prevent cramming and the stress that comes with this time of year.
- be positive – you can do it
- do a little study every day (rather than cramming)
- organise your notes during the semester ready for revision time
- work out a study plan that works for you
- organise study groups – explaining concepts to others may help concepts stick in your mind
- plan exam day – where is the venue, how to get there, where to park
- snack on brain food and drink plenty of water (monitor your caffeine intake)
- take regular breaks (sunshine and fresh air are important for your brain)
- avoid procrastinating and try different study methods, and
- get a good night’s sleep the night before.