The Working Away Alcohol and Drug Support Line is a confidential telephone support, information and referral service for those working away from home, their families and employers who are concerned about their own or another person’s alcohol or drug use or mental health and wellbeing.
Contact with the Working Away Alcohol and Drug Support Line is one-to-one with a professional counsellor and is confidential. Counsellors who answers your call can:
- listen to what is going on for you
- provide you with information about alcohol, drug use or mental health and well-being
- provide emotional support
- talk about treatment options
- and refer you to local services that can provide ongoing support.
- 24/7 telephone support, advice, information and referral
- Interim support to individuals waiting for face-to-face treatment
- A call back service to socially and geographically isolated clients
- Support to health professionals
- Translating & Interpreting Services
- Speech or hearing difficulties services
How to access